Business Management & Analysis
The purpose of this program is to prepare students for employment as manager trainees or to provide supplemental training for persons previously or currently employed in these occupational areas.
The content focuses on broad, transferable skills of business supervision including communications, human resource management, bookkeeping and QuickBooks, insurance, business law, and computer applications. In addition, students learn the functions of management, forms of business ownership, organizational structures, ethics, government regulations in business, how to open and operate a business, and how to prepare business plans.
- Basic computers, Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, time management, goals, and Florida Ready to Work credential;
- Business communications;
- Technical and production skills;
- Labor issues;
- Bookkeeping and QuickBooks;
- Business computer applications;
- Office technology and keyboarding skills;
- Employability skills;
- Business ethics and law concepts;
- Human resources management issues;
- Governmental regulations;
- Forms of business ownership and organizational structures;
- Business plan and portfolio;
This program is offered both full time day, and part time day or evening. The length is 9 months full time or 14 months part time (900 hours).
Upon completion of the program and meeting eligibility requirements and industry certifications, students may be awarded credits toward an Associate Degree in Business Administration by the State College of Florida. Students must enroll in SCF within 2 years of completing the program at Suncoast Technical College.
Industry Certification & State Credential Exams:
Students prepare to take Microsoft Office Specialist certification in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Bundle Certification
Obtainment Time Frame: In program
Reading, math, and language competencies are pre-assessed. The basic skills grade levels for the Business Management and Analysis program are Reading-9, Math-9, and Language-9 and must be met prior to program completion.
For specific occupation information, including wages, employment trends and more, visit the following links:
General Operations Managers
Computer User Support Specialists
For other O*Net Online information, please visit:
Course Campus Location(s):
Sarasota & North Port
Info Tech Assistant