TRANSCRIPTS & RECORDS
(941) 924-1365 x62208
ACCESS TO RECORDS
Suncoast Technical College maintains educational records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, FERPA (20 U.S.C. 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99).
TO REQUEST GED® TRANSCRIPTS
STC does NOT provide GED® transcripts. To request GED® transcripts, go to ged.com.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF MINOR-AGE STUDENTS AS WELL AS ADULT STUDENTS HAVE THESE RIGHTS TO STUDENTS' RECORDS:
- Right of access to all records maintained on the student by School District, with notice and proper authorization;
- Right of privacy with respect to data contained in personally identifiable records;
- Right to challenge any record thought to be inaccurate or misleading, and to a hearing, if necessary;
- Right to copies of such records with notice and proper authorization.
Suncoast will not release your transcript to a third party without your written authorization. We will however, release your transcript to another technical institute, college or university as permitted by FERPA. We may also release directory information as permitted by FERPA, unless you have provided a written request to opt-out. All transcript requests must be in writing and have your signature accompanied by a picture ID. If you have an outstanding obligation at STC, the transcript will not be released until that obligation has been resolved.
NOTE: For duplicate GED ® transcripts and/or diplomas, please visit https://ged.fldoe.org
TO REQUEST COPIES OF RECORDS BY INDIVIDUALS WHO ATTENDED SUNCOAST TECHNICAL COLLEGE WITHIN THE LAST FIVE YEARS:
- You may download the Request for Records Form or request via telephone, fax, or in person at the STC Student Services office. This form can be faxed or mailed, if necessary. Letters with a signature will be considered in lieu of the Records Request Form. A copy of your picture ID must accompany the Records Request for Records form.
Suncoast Technical College Records Management Center at (941) 316-8170
Suncoast Technical College
4748 Beneva Road
Sarasota, Florida 34233
- In Person:
Suncoast Technical College main campus, Building 2, Student Services
- Information required includes name and any other AKA (Also Known As) names used while a student, Social Security number, date of birth, course of study, and the approximate year attended, full address to which the document(s) will be sent, daytime phone number, and signature.
- Document(s) are usually sent out within approximately 3 to 5 business days, but may take up to 30 business days.
TO REQUEST COPIES OF ARCHIVED RECORDS BY INDIVIDUALS WHO ATTENDED MORE THAN FIVE YEARS AGO:
- The appropriate Request for Records form addressed to the Sarasota County Schools Records Retention Center, can also be downloaded from our website suncoast.edu or can be requested at STC's Student Services office, by phone, fax or in person. This form can be faxed or mailed, if necessary. Letters with a signature will be considered in lieu of the Record Request Form. A copy of your picture ID must accompany the Records Request for Records form.
- Required information includes name and any other AKA names used while a student, Social Security number, date of birth, course of study, and approximate year attended, full address to which the document(s) will be sent, daytime phone number, & signature.
- Record Request Form will be forwarded to the long-term Record Retention facility.
Records Retention Center
101 Old Venice Road
Osprey, Florida 34229
Phone: (941) 486-2166
Fax: (941) 486-2484
- Document(s) will be sent within approximately 30 business days. Documents will be mailed or may be picked up in person with proper identification.
FEES FOR COPIES OF EDUCATIONAL RECORDS:
- Reissued official certificates are $5.00 each.
- Reissued CPR Card is $6.00 and I.V.
Therapy Certificate is $5.00.
STC will release information and student identification data to the Department of Juvenile Justice and the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services pursuant to Florida Statutes 39.046 and 39.047.
Any questions of for more information, contact the Suncoast Technical College Transcripts/Records Department Coordinator or Call (941) 924-1365 Ext. 62208.